Theology and Transforming Mission
Equipping disciples to be catalysts of change through a Gospel that transforms
All of the KST tracks provide a thorough grounding in theology, biblical studies, history, culture and mission. They are designed to equip you through in-depth teaching, practical studies, tailored assignments and a supportive learning environment.
This track is for people who are:
- involved in any area of society – business, healthcare, education, law, family.
- developing pioneering, strategic and leadership gifting
- wanting to be equipped to engage thoughtfully with mission and society
- seeking to contextualise the gospel in a postmodern, pluralistic society
All students in the first year of KST follow the same curriculum, with customised breakout sessions and seminars for each of the tracks.
In the first year you will study:
- God’s Big Story: Bible Overview
- God’s Word Our Tools: Introduction to theology and the tools for interpreting Scripture
- Practical Theology: how to learn on the go
- God: Trinity, Character, Mission
- The Life and Work of Jesus
- The Holy Spirit
We complement this with a study skills programme, designed to give all students the skills you need to succeed with the academic aspects of the course.
Second and Third year:
In the second and third year, the curriculum diversifies and four of the modules are tailored to your track. The Theology and Biblical Studies track continues to meet in the same centres as the first years (the other tracks have occasional weekends in other venues).
- Paul: Man, Message and Mission
- Genesis 1-11
- Prophets and Prophetic Life
- Church History: until the Reformation
- Christian Ethics
- Ecclesiology – the church
- The Kingdom of God and Mission
- Church History: Reformation and Revival
- Engaging in Western Culture
Additional Topics Specific to this Track:
- Acts of the Apostles
- Transforming Communities
- Transforming Disciples
- Transforming Cultures
- The track will include visits to successful and innovative missional centres. These may involve an additional cost of up to £150.
What the Theology and Transforming Mission track will give you:
- Ability to apply theology to your life and mission
- Gospel contextualisation
- Purpose as a ‘missional disciple’, who is able to disciple others
- Understanding of the breadth of missional theology: historically, biblically and culturally
- Skills and knowledge to engage with social structures
- Development of skills in translating vision to strategy
Track Leader – Mark Norridge
The Track leader for Theology & Transforming Mission is Mark Norridge. Our Track Leaders head up the development, structure and delivery of the specialist areas within KST. They take a lead in mentoring, tutoring and teaching, and bring specialist expertise to the team. The elements of KST which all students take are led by Mark Norridge and the tutoring team.
Mark Norridge from Community Church Northampton has over 10 years’ experience in church planting and missional outreach, and seeks to combine business, church and mission for the furthering of God’s kingdom.